www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:24 pm 

I had bought this device Jan of this year (guesstimate). I was excited about the ability to use a keyboard and mouse to play, since I play regularly on both PC and PS3 (friends on both).

It first took me forever to have the device be found in order for me to edit and save the configs. I use two laptops (one is an Asus ROG G74, the other is an Asus small laptop for work). The work laptop was able to save it eventually. Then it took me forever to calibrate the sensitivity for the game I play (BF4). I thought two configs were restricting as I liked infantry, vehicles, and aircrafts when I play. Okay no problem, I just won't fly since it would be difficult on the EE.

It wasn't until about the third time I had tried to edit my configs when neither PC would find the EE, and to me this is too much of a time waste in order for me to play. I also kept getting minor jaggedness when trying to fine aim my targets. I found playing with aim assist made this work better (and since I play on m+kb, I would rather have aim assist of since it is not on the PC).

Not even a month later, my EEC goes kaput. In my research I came across a unit called the Xim Edge. Since I do play on both PC and PS3, I can def tell the difference between sensitivities and control. The Xim has a few features that was much better IMO: 1) friendly and easy connection and interface from unit to PC. 2) Saves up to multiple configs. I only play BF4 on PS3 so having the 3 was awesome. 3) the ability to make it a true 1:1 ratio (minus the speed cap, but that is from the game and not the Xim edge).

This is not a hate on EEC, I just had bad luck with this unit. Basically all of my button bindings on PC is the same as it is on the PS3, so no more trying to remember which buttons did what. I will say I was pretty decent on the controller since BF2BC was on console, but after about a month straight on a keyboard my muscle memory for the controller was gone.

If you are looking for a cheaper solution, I would recommend the EEC. If you are looking for a more custom solution, there is some other alternatives out there. I know a lot of people play just the PS3 and their setup is different where they have better controls, but if you are a PC gamer getting on the console the Xim Edge/4, Aimon brands are pretty nice.

I would not mind trying to calibrate a working EEC that can be recognized by any PC and trying it out again. Again, the two profiles is restricting as now I can do whatever I want with the Xim Edge (no aim assist).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:45 am 

Thanks for sharing your review appreciate it :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:45 am 

Thanks for sharing your review appreciate it :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:16 pm 

i just got an ee from a friend and it literally took hours to set it up. partially because i had to download vmware and install an old winxp on it because the driver is only supported by a 32bit os, which is why it didn't work on your asus rog either, assuming youre on win 7.
and the amount of information, or actually, misinformation on this page confused the shit out of me. my kb wouldn't work even though i specifically bought one from the compatibility list! firmware 3.0 fixed this, while none of the "turn on this and wait three minutes then plug in xyz" did. works like a charm now, after another hour of calibrating and fine tuning, i kicked some ass on black ops 2 instantly!