www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:20 pm 

Hey all,

I'm quite pleased with my G500, but am always trying to tweak it to improve performance. Kinda ridiculous, but it was only recently that I clued into the fact that DPI settings don't actually, directly affect the speed of your pointer. DPI as the name suggests is just how many pixels your pointer moves when you move your mouse an inch. So, even if your DPI is really high, if you move your mouse really slowly, your pointer won't move all that fast. Now, naturally with a high DPI you cover ground way more quickly and at the same time it can be very difficult to cover tiny bits of ground (i.e. for precision shooting at range).

Accuracy at range is a BIG part of my game, there is no avoiding some in your face action but what I really prioritize is accuracy. And it seems with low DPI (800 or even less DPI), I can be deadly accurate. Unfortunately, at those low levels I seem to be losing some smoothness when running around and getting some chop/screen jump.

Apologies for being long-winded.

My questions are: is this just the price of low DPI? Is my interpretation of DPI correct? Has anyone had any luck with a low DPI setting? Can I somehow have my cake and eat it too? Perhaps a better understanding of the various ways in which to alter poonter speed (G500 pointer speed, acceleration speed and in game sensitivity) would help. What does ingame sensitivity really do and how does this translate to the EEC and G500?

Am I better off lowering setpoint pointer speed settings or ingame sensitivity settings? I'm hesitant to bother with acceleration.

Even with low ingame (like 2) I find long range sniping too jittery with higher DPIs.

Any intel would be appreciated. I think a better understanding of the mechanics of all these variables is the only way to truly get things optimized.

Thanks!

FYI:

G500
basic Logitech keyboard
Axes: 4/23 and 4/24 or something like that (stole settings from someone else and they r very smooth)

Richard? Gaza? Devin?

Oddly I didn't notice the chop in combat training but did in multiplayer, could it be that MP is amplifying the problem?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:32 pm 

Black Ops multiplayer is quite does seem to make a difference when compared to campaign.

I understand what you are saying but ultimately I have not seen a good Black Ops config that was very smooth that didn't have a DPI over atleast a thousand.

But you can still keep your pin point accuracy at a high DPI but it just requires you to be very precise with your mouse movement.

I like your EE values, try slowly increasing the DPI until it smoothes out, you may be able to go as low at 1500-2000.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:34 pm 

I use a 900 dpi setting (1800dpi deathadder) and it's quite smooth, but took me a good bit of OCD tweaking. >.<

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:46 pm 

The "stuttering" you are experiencing would have to be from the auto-aim. All Call of Duty games, or most FPS games as a matter of fact, have auto-aim. Although, in most cases, it's only in multiplayer. It's on consoles for the soul purpose of the difficulty aiming with a controller. Auto-aim is literally impossible to turn off. Hacktivator has a low DPI config that has seemed to help with my 600dpi Gearhead. I'm currently saving money for a mouse with at least 3200dpi. Preferably a wired mouse to cut down on some lag. But, back to your problem.

1. The higher the DPI, the better.
2. The majority of FPS games have auto-aim; causing general stuttering that's hard to work around.
3. Try a wired mouse to cut out some "converter-to-console" lag.

I hope I cleared a few things up. Sorry if my post was pointless. Good luck :D

Hacktivator's low dpi config:
--------------------------------
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2099

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:43 pm 

Thanks for the input mate, I always enjoy someone posting something helpful for no other reason but to help. +1 karma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 am 

Low dpi and low deadzone(when its stop trough advance calibration) will sure help for long range aiming at a cost of heavy/slow movements when trying to look around really fast.

So my advice is to lower your dz values 1 by 1 till it feels accurate enough and play with the dpi to suit your liking.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:53 pm 

Hello guys!!!

Anybody have tried this (http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538#pid1927879) its about to take the 1-1 ration on mouse movement??

Hacktivated, it is necessary to EEC/Ps3 ??

Thanks!!!