www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cyborg R.A.T 5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:48 am 

Played around with it for about an hour now, mouse works great. No issues so far, about an hour in MW2 "the pit". Using my personal EEC settings (same as my mx518), I found the mouse to be very smooth & responsive, need to get used to shape of mouse :)

Post subject: Re: Cyborg R.A.T 5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:05 am 

Nice man I was waiting for feedback on this mouse. It looks sick how is it vs the mx518 ? The clicks the same?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 am 

The mouse click is about the same as teh mx518, seems like it takes more time to activate but I think its due to it being more pronounced sounding click than mx518. If anything, the differences are subtle. So far im liking it, if you can afford the RAT 7, go for it as you get body kits & extra adjustments over the RAT 5, not to mention more DPI.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 pm 

Do all the buttons work or are some of them not working, my friend has problems using the left and right click of the Navi-Scroll button. Can you confirm which buttons are working, I'm also looking into getting the RAT 7 or 5 but I'm still waiting to see if there are any issues regarding button mapping etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:58 pm 

I will check when I get off work. So far I know both the side buttons work & middle mouse button. I am unable to change any settings as the windows pc/software keeps crashing when I run it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 am 

Okay, been using this mouse for a total of 5 hours, took a bit of tweaking & getting used too. But in three games, Bad Company 2, MW2, black ops all multi...though played mostly BC2, I found the mouse to be very responsive and smoother than my M518. All the buttons I used, like the Middle, Left & Right Click, 2 side buttons and scroll up/down work perfectly. Default DPI settings (4 total) off the mouse gives you a good range from 750 to 4000dpi, sniper button doesnt work or the mode button (windows only). Mouse also has a secondary thumb scroll which I have not tried yet. All in all, I give 7 out of 10, as shape of the mouse is gonna take some gettint used too. I would have went for the rat 7 as it gave a full adjustment of the mouse with additional body kits, but my cousin beat me to it, I could of used the pinkie rest off the rat 7 kit as my pinkie now tires down when I grip the smooth side of the rat 5, but the thumb side is no problem though which includes the thumb rest. Rat 5 is length and weight system adjustment, rat 7 all of that plus width and body kits, also a higher DPI. Choose your rat.

My setup,

EEC FW2.0
Cyborg RAT 5 on a CM Storm Mousepad
Gearhead Mini USB Keyboard
Fat PS3
22inch PC monitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:34 pm 

Its good to hear that the majority of the buttons work however I was really counting on that sniper button :(
I'm gonna get the RAT 7 so as soon as I do I'll post a review on it. You never know maybe there'll update the EEC so the button does work... but then again maybe not.

Cheers for the review Bam3vO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 pm 

I think the sniper button can work, but by default, its almost turned off. Even on the pc I had to adjust the default to "on" basicaly for it to function properly. Problem is, settings doesnt save to the mouse, (stupid me I didnt realize that the mx518 didnt save either), no onboard memory. Everything is managed via software.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:09 am 

Wow that is one crazy looking mouse! Good review, I want to try one out. If it doesn't have on-board memory, I don't think the sniper button will work with the EEC. That is an awesome feature though. Will keep this mouse in mind for future compatibility updates.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 pm 

Devin, keep g13 keyboard in your mind too. Analog stick is an awesome feature too ;)